Prep Your Computer:Edit
Please complete "How to Prep your Phone" Before attempting this guide.Edit
Drivers allow your computer to communicate with your phone. The crap drivers that windows automatically downloads just wont do the trick. Samsung Kies is the best way to get drivers if you don’t really know what you are doing or having trouble connecting to your PC. After installing and updating it, it will automatically install the proper drivers for your version of windows and CPU.
- Go to: http://img.samsungapps.com/support/Kies_220.127.116.1171_32.exe it’s a large download so take a break or read ahead.
- Once it’s done, start the install and follow through as you would with any other program.
- When the install finishes, start up the program and select Kies in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select update. A new window will pop up and search for updates. If it finds any, install them now.
- Plug your phone into your computer; give it a good minute to shake hands. If Kies starts downloading additional drivers, let it. Whenever it’s done installing drivers close Kies and restart the computer.
- In your system tray (the bottom right hand corner of your task bar) right click the Kies tray icon, deselect both autostart options, and select exit. We won’t be dealing with Kies anymore. You can mess around with it later when you’re bored.
- If you’re having trouble getting Kies up and running, here’s a link that goes into a bit more detail: http://forum.xda‐developers.com/showthread.php?t=731454.
Now let’s install the main app that helps us manipulate our new phone. Follow the yellow brick road to Codeplex.com and download the latest version of droid explorer. Go ahead and download the setup not the standalone.
Note: Don’t screw this up and download the wrong file. If you have a 64 bit operating system, make sure you download the one with x64 in the file name, 32 bit users download the x86 version.
Once you’ve got this bad boy downloaded, install it as you would any other program. Congrats, you’re ready to gain complete access of your phone now.
Download Android Sideload Wonder from this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=236589#post236589 (make sure you get the Mac version at the bottom).